Wednesday 25 March 2015

Op-Shopping

Hey Guys! Guess who's back! :D

 Yup, you got it right. Spinj's back. With another post. But don't worry, it's not about knitting, or about music. :P It's about op-shopping.

 I'm not sure how similar my follower's views are to mine, but did you ever go into an op-shop with friends or family and think that op-shops weren't any good - it's a place for old grannies and granddads to go shopping? That was what I thought about op-shops. Until about 2012, when I went into an op-shop and came out with a really good pair of roller-blades for only fifteen dollars.

 Well, I went to an op-shop to get a green top for a cosplay outfit of mine, and I was really pleased with it. So then I thought what if the clothes I prefer to buy can be found at op-shops? So now I've been looking at op-shops to find everyday clothes.

 I've been successful, too. I went to two different op-shops this week, and after searching for a while found two really nice things:



So on the left we have the black jumper-vest thing that I found in a Salvos Store. It was only seven dollars, and a really good bargain too. It fits me nicely.

 On the right is the old-fashioned I found in Good Sammies. Normally they sell their dresses for eight dollars, but they were trying to get rid of their summer stuff because they were getting loads of winter stock, so they were selling all their dresses for only two dollars each! I would've looked for longer, too, and tried to find some more stuff, but I had to get home.

 My BFF goes to op-shops all the time, she spends several hours in them. She's also got some really cool stuff from them, too. She got a small watch that looks like it has some gemstones in it (She's off to get it checked...), a leather bag with an old horse bit from on it (for those who don't know, the bit is part of the headgear used in riding - it's put in the horse's mouth). I believe she even found a platinum ring in one.
 She and I have organized a two and a half day sleepover, and I chatted to her yesterday wondering what we could do. We've decided to go op-shopping and go to see Cinderella! Should be really cool. Apparently the op-shops up her way must have some pretty cool stuff in them...

 Well, I must be off, I have music to do and a circus class to go to, plus I'm making tonight's dinner.

 Sparkles and Cupcakes!
Spinj xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment