Thursday 13 November 2014

Busy Wednesday

Hey Everyone! :)

 So I thought I'd tell you about yesterday, Wednesday the... 12th, I think it was. :P

 So, first thing I did was write some of my book, Powers. :) I wrote about a chapter or two, and read some of it out to my brothers. However, the story is starting to get a bit... dark, so I had to stop reading it aloud because some of my audience were on the young side.

 Then we had breakfast and I somehow managed to bump the frying pan, and it began to fall. I stopped it from falling, but it was really hot (because my brother had been cooking his breakfast in it) and I burnt my finger. I put it under cold water, and then had my breakfast, but because I was kinda laid-back about leaving it under the water long enough I got a big blister on it. :( I now had two sun-burnt shoulders from Tuesday and a very sore finger. :P
 We then started tidying up. I was doing the dishes, but couldn't put my hand in the water because my finger felt like it was burning again.

 Anyway, I managed to do the dishes, and then I went to circus class. Only my brother and I turned up, so we had a really good lesson. I started to learn Catcher's Hang on the silks, and then I also got to do some stiltwalking. Next year I can start doing professional stiltwalking, so I'm going to save up and buy a pair of stilts.

 After that my Mum and the Teacher had a long talk, and we left an hour after the class finished. I quickly got changed and went into town to see if the Library had the Les Miserables score. However, it was my second time to go to that library, and I got lost in the various music scores. I ended up spending just over an hour in the library, looking for the Les Miserables score, but I gave up after an hour and went back home.

 I got home just as my Mum was getting ready to leave to take my brothers to a music class. I tidied up, cooked dinner and did other stuff. My dad phoned to tell me he'd be late, and told me to have my dinner, put some into a container for him to have, and get ready and  then meet him in town. So I did that, left the house, and was halfway to the bus stop when Dad phoned to say he actually wanted to drop off his work bag at home. Then I realized I had left my bus fare at home, and my keys as well, so I couldn't get in. :P So I went to the front gate and waited for Dad to arrive.

 Anyway, it wasn't long before we arrived at our rehearsal with five minutes to spare. My friend's Dad (who is doing the lighting for the production) was there, and we all started to chat. I then wandered around, saying hi to other people.
 We got ready to do vocal warm ups, but the pianist was sick, so the choral conductor played our warm ups for us. But not having the pianist provided another problem - we didn't have backing for the opera. So then it was decided to sing along to the CD version. There were several jokes about this not being a rehearsal, but "A Karaoke night", but the CD brought out quite a lot of surprises... such as actually being able to sing some of the songs a lot faster, and a fewer mistakes!
 Unfortunately we have about a week until the first show, and many of the people feel that they won't be ready in time, as most of them are still using their music scores, and some say that they will need cheatsheets to get through the show. I find it rather amusing, because most of them are retired, and have plenty of time, while I have school work and other such things, and have learnt everything off by heart already, so it makes me wonder why they still don't know it. However, I remain hopeful that they will learn it, so I have my fingers crossed that they will.
 The rehearsal finished half an hour earlier than expected, and because of that a few people voted for a longer tea break in the middle of practice. :P However, I liked it finishing earlier, because I got to get home earlier and eat the dinner that I hadn't finished of - normally my Dad and I get home so late that I have to get to bed straight away.

 So when I got home I chatted to Mum and Dad about the rehearsal, then went to bed. And because I didn't put more coconut oil on my shoulders, they are feeling more sun-burnt than yesterday.



 Well, that was my Wednesday. I'm not normally that busy in one day, but I have been for the past week or two, and I'll still be that busy next week.

 I'll see you all later! :D

 Rock On!

 Spinj

No comments:

Post a Comment