Friday 15 May 2015

Sew... What?

Hey guys! :D

 So, how are you all? Looking forward to the weekend? I have a party to go to tomorrow - my cousins' 21st. :3 It's going to be a load of fun!

 Well, today I thought I'd post up something hat I'm doing for school - Sewing! I recently finished my Pillow case, which was my first sewing project for the year.

 The front of the pillow
The back of the pillow - the buttons is how I stop the pillow from coming out of it's case.

 I designed the pattern by myself. I ended up making the case a touch too big, so it's slightly baggy, but otherwise I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

 So after I finished the pillow case I was very proud and pleased, and I decided to get straight on to making a Cosplay outfit. However Mum thought that was a bad idea, and suggested making clothes for myself as a start for making a Cosplay outfit. So I've decided to work on making skirts first so that I can make my way to dresses and then, eventually, a Sailor Jupiter costume.
 I searched the web for some free patterns yesterday, and I found some really cool skirt patterns that I want to do. 

 The easiest one is the Five Minute Skirt, which will be my first project for making a skirt. I've already got my measurements down, now it's just a matter of buying fabric (Anyone know wher I could buy some Ninjago themed fabric? :P). Then once I've finished it, I have a go at either making a Hemless A-Line Skirt or a Circle Skirt. I'll probably make both, because I really like the two of them, but I might just go with the A-Line Skirt.
 After I've made them and my sewing is really good, I'll progress to the XOX Skirt, Tulle Skirt and the Wide Pleat Wrap Skirt. I love all three of those skirts, so I'm Definitely gonna make all three of them. :3

 And once I've made them I'll be looking for dress patterns. :3

 And after that I'll make my Sailor Jupiter Cosplay, and then I'll make a Ninjago cosplay outfit. X3



 Anyways, it's a lovely day today and I don't want to miss much of the nice weather (It's Autumn, but today is totally a Summer day!), plus I need to figure out what to wear to tomorrow's Medieval Faire and the birthday party. Oh, and I have work tomorrow. Daymn, I'm busy...

  Ok, well, be good, and I'll see you on Monday (hopefully!)
 Spinj xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment