Wednesday 8 April 2015

Spinj is a Barista

Hey guys! :D

 How are you? :D Have you settled into the holidays now?

 Well, yesterday, as my first day of Easter Hols, I went down to Maylands and did a free barista workshop that my Mum found on facebook. :P There was at least one other homeschooled kid there, and the other five there might have been homeschooled too...

 Yeah, so, we covered the theory of making an Espresso, and how to use a coffee machine. How to clean the machine, how to steam milk, etc. Once we had covered the theory we split into two groups, and one group went into a back room, and the group I was in went inside the cafe itself and got to work on the machine behind the counter.
 So then we steamed milk, made the base of the coffee, and got to make an Latte. A few of us (mainly myself and one other guy) tried to do a fancy pattern, but it didn't work out. I was expecting it to look like this:



 But it looked more like this:



 After that the lady helping us out said that we could make ourselves a takeaway drink, so I went and made a hot chocolate. :3 I didn't put enough chocolate syrup in, so it was rather weak, but still yummy.
 And then after that we all got to ask some questions, and go home. :P

 Oh, and we also got certificates! Here's mine:
I can now put it in my certificate folder. :3

And yeah! So now I want to do some more Barista workshops, because this one was really fun and I'd like to learn more about making different types of coffees: like a long black, or a mocha, or a flat white, or maybe a cappuccino.
Hey, maybe I could be a barista in my spare time when I get to Uni...


Well, I gotta go, I have to do some busking today. Catch y'all later!
Spinj

No comments:

Post a Comment